Saturday, April 5, 2008

ribbon and numbers...

The dining room is almost finished being arranged, I'll get the final pics posted tomorrow! I thought I'd show you something fun I found---these are our house numbers in antique glass glitter. I found them at this really neat stationery store downtown. It's called Dandelion. They have gorgeous and unique things. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with these yet, but I couldn't resist. They'll age over time and become more gold-y/copper. I'm thinking of hanging them on the backs of chairs or hanging them from a branch displayed in a vase or hanging them from a chandelier. Any ideas out there? Now, that leads me to the ribbon part. I love ribbon---always have. Loved it in my hair growing up, love wrapping packages with different types of ribbon, love it on wreaths and in flower arrangements, tied on shower curtains and on drapes. But, I've never really been on a great hunt for any, just pick it up here and there and save scraps. Payton gave me some great websites for scrapbooking ribbon, but I've also found a really fun site: www.ribbonjar.com. Check it out---cool site design, too. So, at Dandelion they have vintage silk ribbons in every color and size. I was tempted to purchase the coral, but was a bit afraid of the price! So, I'll have to hunt elsewhere. I also purchased some burlap curtain panels with fringe from Ballard Designs that arrived this week. I'm thinking of sewing on a couple of different colors of ribbon---olives and sages for the living room. Just thought I'd share my ribbon obsession and the picture of the absolutely unnecessary, but really fun antique glitter numbers!


No comments: