Sunday, April 6, 2008

dining room finished (well, for now!)...

Yea! The dining room is done (for now!). Drapes and mirror hung, and rug down. Lots of accessorizing still to do, but things are in place and I feel better about checking this off the list.
Here's a view from the hallway into the dining room. My obsessive side thinks we need to bring the mirror down a bit more to the top of the buffet, but for now it's gotta do! We had the drapes in Macon, so there's really not much new in the room. I am searching for 2 lamps for either end of the buffet, and you all know about my chandelier hunt. Still haven't decided for sure on that one.
And, the view from the kitchen into the dining room...
In the corner, looking to the kitchen, and beyond that the entry to the living room.
And, our houndstooth rug. I still love this after a few years!

5 comments:

M.C. O'Kelley said...

The dining room looks fabulous!! I love the color, especially with the damask drapes and houndstooth rug.....great look!
I am sure you will find something creative to do with those numbers. Maybe hang them somewhere in the entrance hall.
Can't wait to see it all in person! Enjoy your dinner! Love, Mom

Kathy said...

Everything is really coming together! Have you ever thought about interior design? Thanks for sharing.

Mandy Grau said...

The coral looks great with the black & white! I also really like the houndstooth rug! I'm sure you're really excited about being done or being done for now at least!

Catherine and Brooke said...

Thanks! And yes, Kathy, I would love to do interior design. Not sure anyone would want to pay me for it or that I have that many great ideas, but it would be a lot of fun to at least try it out!

skrimp said...

Everything looks awesome, Cat!! I especially love that my toes match your dining room! :) Miss you, sweetie - hope to see you soon.

Sarah