Sunday, April 6, 2008

Dinner

Today has been absolutely gorgeous. The sun's shining, blue skies, and it's 72! FINALLY! I decided to make one of my favorite summertime recipes. Now, I know it's not quite summer, but I picked up some great Florida tomatoes at a roadside stand and couldn't resist making this pasta dish for dinner tonight. I included the recipe below, so you can all try it out. I think this originally came from Mom's dear friend, Susie. Thanks, Susie! :)
A pic of the dish marinating. YUM!
The grass is beginning to green. Brooke just finished cutting the yard as I was chopping tomatoes, and I had to get a picture. I was so excited to be able to raise the windows for the first time and let some fresh air in!

Here's the recipe:

Linguine with Tomatoes, Basil, and Brie
5 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2 " pieces
1 lb. brie, rind removed, torn into small irregular pieces
1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 cup extra virgin olive oil (I actually eyeball this and use less than a cup---I love EVOO, but it can tend to be too oily if you add the entire cup)
3 pinches crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 lb. linguine

Combine the first 8 ingredients in a serving bowl large enough to hold the cooked pasta and sauce. Stir gently to combine. Set aside at room temperature for at least two hours.

Cook the linguine in salted water until al dente. Drain and add to the tomato mixture. Toss gently to distribute the sauce. Serve immediately. Serves/Makes 10.

10 comments:

MLS said...

By "Susie" are we talking MY Susie?

I can sure as heck say that she has never whipped up this delish dish for me!!

Ha!

Enjoying the weather on this side of TN, too!

Catherine and Brooke said...

Is there another Susie?!?!? You better tell her you expect this dish the next time you come home or she comes to Memphis!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Puds,

Looks great...although you have never fixed this for Uncle Greg and I! May be a Lake Santeelah dinner this summer?

Catherine and Brooke said...

Absolutely I'll fix it this summer!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keri said...

Love the dining room! Bring on the tchotkes! the Bacon swiss dip was a hit thanks for that recipe. i quadrupled there is NONE left. 1and 1/2 lbs of cheese, 2 cups of mayo 2lbs of bacon, 2 sleeves of Ritz, 4 bars of cream cheese. YIKES!!! LOve ya, Hot mama

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.