Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little bit of Paint

I'm afraid that the pictures below are quite boring, but at least you can see we've been working! We got 2 coats of wall paint and 2 coats of ceiling paint on last weekend in the mudroom. We decided to go with the Peanut Shell paint color on the walls because it was a bit lighter than the Roxbury Caramel that I'd originally picked and that room needs to remain light. Not to mention, it was certainly a better deal because we had almost a gallon of the Peanut Shell remaining from the living room!! The ceiling is painted the Palladian Blue that's on the walls in the kitchen. I thought it would be something a little different and also a great transition from the mudroom into the kitchen. We will be putting a paneled glass door at the top of the stairs going into the kitchen, so this room will be visible and hopefully it'll tie everything together.

Painting starts...
Brooke plastered over this little stoop that was concrete---we think it was part of the original garage. But, now it will be the perfect spot to prop your feet while sitting at the counter (use a little imagination here!). We're planning on putting up a bamboo countertop under this window and a few bar stools to use as a project/craft area.

Taping off the trim for the ceiling and wall paint...
And, here's the finished product. The fan will come down (don't look too closely at the dust hanging off of this one!). We'll put up a new light fixture/fan and then the door that's open will be replaced with a paneled glass door. Also, as I think I mentioned in an earlier post, the opening on the right side is the laundry room and there will be 2 french doors going in that spot.

3 comments:

skrimp said...

Cat, what kind of paint are y'all using on the ceiling? Flat, eggshell, semi-gloss...? Our bathroom ceiling is in need of fresh paint!

Sarah

Catherine and Brooke said...

We used eggshell on this, just because that's our normal for wall paint, but if you're just going to paint white on your ceiling, there's paint specifically for that, in fact, the can says "White Ceiling Paint!" We bought ours at Ace, but obviously Lowe's or Home Depot would have it, too. Just ask for the ceiling paint. If you're doing a color, I'd definitely go with flat or eggshell, unless you want something really unique and out there---but I don't think you do. :) Great to "hear" from you on the blog! I like that my dining room matches your toes. What's the name of the color!?! :)

skrimp said...

Lunch at the Delhi is what's on my toes right now! I got them done for a wedding last week - I was wearing a black and white dress, so I thought I could use some color! Aren't you proud?!? Thanks for the paint tips - I'm on my way to Lowe's... (white ceiling paint, of course, you know me!)