Sunday, March 9, 2008

Like it? Don't like it?

We made some progress on the dining room this weekend, but I didn't take enough pics to really show the progress. So, you will have to wait until sometime this week (hopefully we'll be motivated enough to paint after work). Thanks to those of you who voted...Lei Flower did end up on top! I love the way it's starting to look. It's bold, but a lot of fun. I was googling chandeliers this afternoon and found this one. It's made of black crystals. Yes, that's right. I think it would be a really neat contrast to the coral and other black and white accents in the room. Don't worry, I'm not ordering yet, just thought I'd post the pic to see what everyone thought. I realize it would definitely make a statement, but these black chandeliers have apparently been in Europe for hundreds of years. So, it's not so new school, but an old tradition! Too gothic? I don't want something so crazy that I have to replace it in 2 years. I wish we had snatched our pretty crystal chandelier from our home in Macon. That was a classic. We'll see...I'll probably completely change my mind tomorrow!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Cat - I love it! Nice job - it would look great with your window treatments and rugs.....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...

Oh it would look great with the lei flower paint color. And it sounds like everyone else likes it also. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.