Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Kitchen re-do and ALMOST done with the coral dining room!

Thought I'd show where I placed the pottery in the kitchen. Utensil holder in the same spot, then I put a fern in the bowl and the sponge is in the small footed bowl. Daffodils started blooming in our front yard! Fun to find those! I just had to bring some inside.
Over to the other corner---I bought some glass canisters from World Market (THE place to go for those---great deals!!), and then have the platter and plate up on a stand in the corner...as well as the candlestick.
Full view---a bit better as far as making the kitchen more inviting. Still gotta get those window treatments done, but all in time, right?!?!
And, Brooke showing how much he LOVES painting! We put the final coat of coral on the walls this weekend and only have 1 more coat of ceiling pant to put on and then we're finished! YEA! Except, Brooke will have to put up the baseboards. Maybe this weekend we can clean up and start getting things back in place!
Another view of the room. You see we opted for a white ceiling. I brought back swatches of the metallic paint for the ceiling, but with the very bright walls, decided to stay white. I think there will be enough going on in the room that it will satisfy my need for a bit of added craziness!

3 comments:

MLS said...

I love that Brooke is painting with a can of Coke and Pepto!! I feel his pain!

It looks GREAT. I also can hook you up with some McCarty in Memphis if you "need" some more =)

Lauren

Catherine and Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.C. O'Kelley said...

The dining room looks great! Pepto bottle and PBR can included! I was pleased to see the UGA flag flying out of the kitchen window!! The snow at Glen Mary pictures are neat and quite a contrast to the view we usually have from the porch! Glad the end is in sight with the dining room, can't wait to come inspect! Love, Mom