Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun things!

We had a great weekend---dinner Friday night at Lil River Grille in Lawrenceville with wonderful friends, Nikki and James (their baby Liam is due April 2nd!), Saturday Mom and I met Sandy and Will to scout out a possible wedding/reception site for them, and then Mom and I had a great Mexican lunch at Pablano's in Snellville, then on for manicures and pedicures, and finally Saturday night to Will and Sandy's engagement party...LOTS of fun! I gathered a few treasures this weekend, so I thought I'd share...

This is McCarty Pottery from Merigold, Mississippi. Cousins Julie, Melissa, and Betsy gave me the first piece as a shower gift (the utensil holder in the back left of the picture). After painting our kitchen I realized how perfectly the pottery matched our walls and always having admired it, thought I'd consult Julie on gathering some more pieces. Turns out she and her crew were headed to ATL for the weekend, so she gathered some pieces from Oxford, Miss. and brought them my way. Thanks, Julie! This pattern is called Jade. They also make a Cobalt and Nutmeg pattern---all made from Mississippi mud by a couple that's been doing this for about 50 years! I love the variations of color in these pieces. Even better the pieces are dishwasher and oven safe. I do believe I'm starting a new collection!
Another view...isn't the little goblet cute?!
Mom picked these vintage postcards up for me at an antique show in Crystal River, FLA a few weeks ago. Thanks, Mom! For those of you who know the mountain and Chattanooga, the above pics are of Bluff View, Alexian Village, and Falling Water. Crazy to find these in a little traveling antique show---very rare!
These are of Signal Point, Signal Mountain Blvd., and the W Road. The two pics on top are of the road Brooke and I travel every day up and down the mountain. These pics are circa 1890's. I want to get them framed in 3s in maybe a rustic wood frame.

2 comments:

MLS said...

Love me some McCarty pottery! It is big time in Memphis, too!
You have such good taste....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.