Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ladies luncheon

Mom and Grandmother came into town Friday afternoon and I had a small luncheon at our house on Saturday with some great old friends and family. As most of you know, Grandmother grew up in Chattanooga and graduated high school (GPS) here. She's still close with her very best friend from high school, Sara Lee. So, we had Sara Lee, Aunt Kitty, and one of Mom's "summer friends," Ann up for lunch. It was a nice gathering and I think everyone enjoyed the visit!
I wasn't so good taking pictures once everyone arrived, but here's a picture before the luncheon with Grandmother.
And, the table. I had fun with the floral ring around the Christmas tree. I put it on a cake stand and then just filled it in with greenery and roses.

A more up close shot of the flowers.

And, looking down...
And, for place settings, I decorated cookies with their initials. Of course, drawing on cookies is much more difficult than it seems. I have a new respect for cookie decorators! :)

2 comments:

Frances said...

Catherine,

It all looks beautiful and I heard rave reviews about the house, the hospitality and the wonderful lunch! I know Grandmother had a wonderful time!

Love
Aunt F

Kathy said...

I bet you all had a great time!! Hope to see you all soon, Merry Christmas.