Saturday, December 13, 2008

a bit of Christmas decor...

Well, I'm finally finished decorating (almost!). We're done with the guestroom paint and have hung blinds in there (thanks, Brooke!), but I'll have to take the "after" pics when the room gets back in order. For now, I thought I'd post a few shots of our Christmas decorations. EBTS came out a bit today. For my friends that might not know about EBTS, it stands for "Everything but the Silver." One day I'd love to have my own business---doing tabletop decor for small parties and gatherings. I love setting a table and as all of you know, I love decorating in general. I'm having some of my Grandmother's friends over for lunch next Saturday, so I'll have to take some more pictures before the luncheon. I've got a few ideas ready for the centerpiece.

Here's my gold "stick tree." I bought a terracotta pot and sprayed it gold, and then gathered limbs from the yard, spraying them gold, also. I found these cute mini ornaments at Hobby Lobby and hung them on the branches. Easy to do! The hardest part was finding the coral ribbon. I still didn't find an exact match, so it's now my mission to find the perfect coral ribbon for that room!
A bit more up close.

And, here's our front door wreath. It's not exactly the best picture in the dark, but it's just an evergreen wreath with ribbons and then a bell (cheap plastic bell from Wal-Mart) that I covered with reindeer moss. Gotta love glue guns!

Here's a better shot of the reindeer moss bell. I also made another one that I've hung on our mailbox.

5 comments:

James, Nikki & Liam Adair said...

Love the twig centerpiece!!! I love stalking your blog for creative inspiration :) I was hoping maybe for some California pics...I'm sure y'all had a great time!
xoxo,
NDA

MLS said...

YOU ARE SO CREATIVE!! I love seeing your cute ideas...you inspire me!!

Lauren

Abbie, Chris, and Ada said...

Catzo, will you please come finish my Christmas decorating? This Charlie Brown tree has lights, but we haven't quite managed to get down all of our treasured ornaments yet!! We've gotten a new Hobby Lobby, and Chris said he thinks we've paid for their first month's light bill, though...

Kathy said...

Wow you have done so much since the last time I looked! And as usual everything is gorgeous!!

jenifer said...

Front door wreath is very attractive.! Merry Christmas..