Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Christmastime!

I was traveling for work all week so we've stayed home all weekend getting the house decorated. I can't believe Christmas is only a few weeks away. Where did this year go?!

I bought the gold metal wreath that I hung over the mirror at Sophie's Christmas open house. Love it! I'm planning on using it year round. Also, it's hard to see but I bought little wooden birds at Sophie's that I clipped on the branches. Cute! I've had the glittered numbers for a while, but just pulled them out to hang on the tree.

And, the tree and mantle. I have a few more things to put on the mantle, but it's mostly done.

And, this year, I bought a live wreath and sprayed a light dusting of gold spray paint over the wreath. I also put a few gold feathers in for an added punch!

I bought some prelit garland at Ace. I've always loved Christmas lights but didn't want to go overboard (although, I must say, if it's not my house, the tackier, the better!), so this is a little something to add sparkle.

And, I did the manger scene again in my rice bowl. I just love how it looks. Wish I could leave it out year round. Come to think of it, why not?!

3 comments:

M.C. O'Kelley said...

So glad that you have finally posted some new pictures on the blog!! The rooster lamp looks great, as does the wreath on the front door AND the new dresser! I like the pre-lit garland around the front door, you are your father's daughter when it comes to Christmas lights! Hope to get to the mountain soon and see it all in person! Love you, Mom

Kathy said...

Last night I was watching HGTV celebrity homes and they had Interior designers come in and decorate their homes. Maybe next year you could do mine! Ha! Everything is beautiful!!

Amy Beard said...

Great pictures. Glad you guys had fun in NYC and the house looks great! So festive! I am in line behind Kathy for you to come do my house too!!