Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pressure Washing

I promised to post again quickly...here I am! The crew arrived at 9 this morning to begin pressure washing the house for paint prep. Fortunately it seemed that it did plenty of the scraping work, as well! As Brooke said, "gotta break it down before it can be built back up!" But boy does the house look bad now. It's amazing what a bit of water can do to old, layered paint!


Paint crew beginning the pressure washing on the front of the house.

I was pretty amazed at this guy's climbing and acrobatic skills. I guess he's done this a few times!

The vent post-pressuring washing!

Front vent and dining room window after the wash.


Side of the carport. Crazy how it pulled that old paint right off.

3 comments:

M.C. O'Kelley said...

Boy, you really did show all the warts! Even having been there often, I never realized how bad some of the exterior was. I know you will be so delighted when the painters finish and it looks fabulous! I like the color, and I am sure Dragon's Breath shutters will be lovely!
The beach picture makes me want to go BACK!!! See you next week! Mom

Kathy said...

Wow are they already done with the front?! Guess it goes much quicker when it's hired help doing it. :) Took Josh a long time. Anyway it looks great!!

Catherine and Brooke said...

Hey Kathy, actually, no...they're not done. We picked the wrong color! UGH! I'll have to put the update on the blog, but they're going to have to repaint the front...needs to be more grey, not so yellow!