Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rug, framed hanging, and deer!

A few more pieces are coming together with the house. I got this rug from Ballard Designs and just love it. It matches the greens in our living room really well and the yellow is great with the wall color. I think it helps fill in the space in the entry hall. And, I also picked up the wall hanging from the frame shop. I really like how it turned out. Many of you know that I went all over the world to try to find someone that would do the double glass that I saw in Coastal Living. A few people were willing to try, but they said because of how large it was, they'd be nervous with the weight. Not to mention, the cost was outrageous! So, I settled for a "regular" frame job. I did go to Michael's and JoAnn's and even at 60% off, they couldn't beat our frame shop on the mountain...Cutting Corners. So, I highly recommend going to Linda at Cutting Corners for your frame jobs. She did a great job and even let me take home sample frames to try before she framed it. Great service! Also, earlier this week Brooke and I were getting ready for work and saw two deer in our backyard. As Brooke said, a teenage male and teenage female. Very technical about their ages. :) They were enjoying the berries from our mulberry tree. They didn't seem concerned about running away and were probably out back for about 20 minutes. We got a couple of shots before they moved on.

Rug in the entry way.

No comments: