Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chandelier!

We finally purchased the chandelier for the dining room (I think I made a post on it originally over a year ago!!). I went back and forth about it many times, but in the end, I decided I really did want a "traditional" yet "contemporary" chandelier. So, I hit the order button online and it arrived in about a week...in a MILLION pieces! Brooke put it all together and I worked on placing the 1,000 crystals.

Here's the old chandelier...old brass and way too tiny for a dining room!
And a better shot...yeah, look at all of that dust! I never liked the thing, so I guess I never bothered to dust it. :)

Here are just a few of the many pieces and parts.

And, here it is all put together...unfortunately, the electrical outlet isn't centered in the room, so we had to buy a hook and hang it from the hook to center everything. Not ideal, but better than having it "off," and better than tearing up the wood on the ceiling to move the fixture!


And, "ta da!" Here it is hung. We still need to put in the dimmer switch, as 7-60 watt bulbs light up the room a bit more than we'd like. Hopefully that'll get done sometime this week.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

AWESOME!! It looks even better than I had imagined. Hope you guys are doing well. OBTW do you all have any subway tiles left over that you need to sell?

M.C. O'Kelley said...

That really looks fabulous! Changes the whole room, great job! Mom