Monday, March 30, 2009

wall hanging for the dining room...

I've always loved botanical prints. I know they've become a bit trendy lately, but I still think they'll stand the test of time. And, all of you know I love green leafs! So, when flipping through the April issue of Coastal Living, I spotted this great kitchen in Charleston. Hanging in the background is this fantastic botanical. I even love the way it's framed---with the glass extending a bit further so that you can see the wall color. I'd spotted a great big scroll canvas botanical at Sophie's a few weeks ago. It had been $125, on sale for $25. Yep, another DEAL! :) I didn't buy it immediately because I honestly thought it was too casual for the dining room. I didn't just want to hang the scroll on the wall. So, as soon as I saw this pic in Coastal Living, I knew I had to go back to Sophie's, buy the wall hanging, take the bars off and have it framed. So, that's what I'm going to do. Let me know if you find any 1/2 framing coupons anywhere!

The inspiration from Coastal Living.

And, here's the wall hanging. Not a great photo, but the berries on the left and at the top (and in the bird's mouth) are all in that pale blue color that matches the kitchen and the lamps in the dining room. Perfect! This is also much larger than it appears in this photo. It's about the same size of the one in the Coastal Living photo.

3 comments:

Mandy Grau said...

I love the wall hanging! Great find!

Jen & Rob said...

What a beautiful kitchen Catherine! I imagine you are having such a great time with your home. What fun!
Jenny G.

Leslie said...

I love it! I know it will look great. You have to take me to this place next time we come up.