Monday, September 1, 2008

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

So, I was in Dalton last week at the same exit of the antique place where I found the table. I couldn't possibly pass by without stopping in. Of course, I found another deal too good to be true! I saw this mirror stuck behind a few old plates. I believe it was an old vanity mirror that the previous owners painted black (bad paint job, too). I loved its curves and the size was just perfect for our breakfast nook. I'd been looking for a while now to find a mirror that would fit over the pub table. This was just the piece. Cost: $45! I know I couldn't buy plain mirrored glass at this size for $45! What a steal! So, I painted it a chocolate brown color this weekend. We'll hang it over the table and I'll just have another reason to collect more McCarty pieces to display on its outline. I had wanted it to be a bit deeper brown, but after going back to Home Depot twice to get them to re-mix, I decided this shade was just perfect. :) I'll post more pics when we get it hung!

Before: black.
During: white primer.
After: Chocolate Coco by Behr.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

The mirror looks great! And it was really nice seeing you guys on Monday. We definitely need to plan to get together once we get back from Disney World. :)

Unknown said...

Love the mirror! You and Brooke just never cease to amaze me. We drove by your Alma Mater this weekend when we dropped Amy off in Macon, it made me think of you :)