Sunday, January 4, 2009

La-Z-Boy

Happy New Year, everyone! Is this really the beginning of the end? I've let my husband buy a RECLINER! We needed another chair in our living room and both agreed that a nice leather chair would be great. I did concede a recliner, as long as it looked modern and not like a puffy-armed, oversized monster with a cup holder and magazine flap. Granted, I'm sure those are extremely convienent and comfy, it's just not my taste. So, after looking for several months, we actually really did find one at the La-Z-Boy store. Fantastic deal and just what we wanted.

Here's Brooke in the new chair...doing what guys do best!
And, an up-close of the new purchase. Not too bad for a recliner, huh? Oh, and we finally hung the prints above the chair...only a year and a half after moving, but hey, it got done! :)

And, the other project this weekend was FINALLY getting the chandelier hung in the breakfast room. I purchased this chandelier at the Ballard Designs Outlet store in Atlanta...probably 6 months ago! It just hadn't been a project that we'd gotten done. It retails for $140, got it for $60. Great deals if you have the time to get there. Above is the old chandelier.


And, here's the new one. I might get one of those chandelier chain covers for the chain, just haven't decided yet.

4 comments:

Amy Beard said...

Love the new chair. Brooke looks ready to watch a race!! :) Happy New Year to you guys!

Kathy said...

It doesn't even look like a recliner when it is not opened up...nice!! To be honest, if we had the room, I wouldn't mind having 2 (one for me and one for Josh). :) The new likes look great!

Russ said...

you go brooke!

Trey Gavin said...

Now Brooke has the excuse he needs to not be on the bike! You knew I would have to comment...