Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fun things!

I FINALLY had topiaries put into the McCarty vases to sit in our kitchen window. I had them done at Sophie's. I really like how they turned out!
A bit dark, but you get the picture!

And, I got a couple of new pieces of McCarty. A small basket bowl and a "signature" McCarty piece, their candle plate. The candle plate will actually sit on our breakfast room table. I just need to pick up some candles. It would also be a great "Advent plate!"

And, who says I can't find deals?!?! Stray Dog Designs is based here in Chattanooga and they're having a warehouse sale now through the end of November. I stopped in on Wednesday and was a bit overwhelmed at the fabulous selection. I will be going back next week as I think I might be able to find some lamps for the buffet in our dining room. They're quite pricey normally, but there were some steals there. $500 lamps for $40!!! YES, that's correct. And, absolutely nothing wrong with them. See how I was overwhelmed?!? Anyway, I picked up this adorable paper maiche bird that retails for $50 for $9. Looks cute on the new table! Like I said, I will be going back!

This was probably the best deal I found. This tole Christmas tree retails for $105. I paid $20! The color matches our kitchen perfectly.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I really need to just give you money and let you buy stuff for my house also. :) Love the great deals, all the McCarty pieces, and the hallway. I wish the former owners could see all the great changes you guys have made!! Hope you are having a great weekend.