Monday, February 11, 2008

Crown in mudroom/laundry room

First, I'll aplogize that it's been almost a month since I last posted! I guess things have been busy around here, and we haven't been working on the house as much. But, that will change. This weekend will be more working on the mudroom and I'm going to try to at least get primer on the dining room walls! We got a steal at the Ballard Designs Outlet this weekend in Alpharetta---a great new chandelier for the breakfast room nook---very exciting! I could have spent hours at that place. I think I loved the rugs the most. Good to know they're there when I need them!

Brooke puts up crown around the mudroom walls. Looks much better just doing that one thing!
He also framed out the window---it was missing several pieces of wood, so this too made a big impact.
And, another view of the crown and window.
These are the gross and disgusting steps up from the mudroom into our kitchen! We've bought the wood to replace these old steps---oak, and we'll stain them in the same wood tone as the kitchen floor. Also, new handrail, banisters, and newell post. The backs of the stairs will be white. I'm thinking of painting the mudroom walls in a color called Roxbury Caramel by Benjamin Moore and paint the ceiling the same color as the kitchen.
Here's a better view of the finished paint job on the fireplace. The plant to the right normally sits on the hearth area. Obviously, I need some window treatments and something on the mantel. There's an outlet on the mantel, so I'm thinking 2 skinny lamps would be perfect...


No comments: