Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cabinets go in!

FINALLY! Mr. Petty and his son arrive with the new cabinets...ready to install! We found Mr. Petty through our real estate agent, Jean Smith. He was certainly the most reasonable quote we received for ALL hardwood cabinets---even the boxes are solid wood. Amazing!
And now for the bases...
The finished (somewhat) product! Mr. Petty is done, Brooke installed the microwave and now we wait to have the granite installed. They should be by tomorrow to measure. Maybe by next Friday I'll be cooking in our new kitchen!
We're beyond pleased with the way everything's coming together. We decided to have Mr. Petty do the glass front doors and I think they look really great. Of course, Brooke says I'm already being obsessive about how I "display" everything in those glass cabinets, but it must look nice, right?! We love the apron front sink and are glad we went for the one with some detail on the front.
Brooke hooks up the fridge. I'm excited about the bottom freezer.

3 comments:

M.C. O'Kelley said...

Fabulous!!!! It really looks great. I do think you two could start second careers in the remodeling business! Glad you sprung for the glass fronts on the cabinets, they really add to the whole effect, especially arranged so nicely! Can't wait to see the counter tops done! What are we having for dinner Friday night???
Love, Mom/MC

Unknown said...

Guys,
WOW! Looks awesome. The floors are beautiful...I guess this is the true definition of "sweat equity"? It is really beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person when we come up for the regatta in November.

Love Aunt Frances

The Mandell's said...

EVERYTHING looks AMAZING! It is so exciting to see the finished product. I absolutely love the floors and the glass front cabinets really fit the character of the house. I can't wait to see it all in person oneday! Love and miss you Cat! Ali